Welcome to our class page! We hope you enjoy reading about our wonderful learning, exciting activities and amazing achievements. Please keep visiting weekly to find out important information about homework and the latest news on our noticeboard.
Monday – Wednesday am – Miss Rimmer and Mrs Yates
Wednesday pm – Friday – Mrs Thomason and Mrs Yates
At Thorn Grove Nursery, we have two classes which attend for 2.5 days each week. These are split into Beginning of Week (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday AM) and End of Week (Wednesday PM, Thursday and Friday). We take a maximum of 24 children in each class and generally have two admission intakes each academic year in September and January.
We offer 30 Hours of funded childcare for working parents. You need to apply for an eligibility code through the child care service via. www.childcarechoices.gov.uk. For more information please visit www.stockport.gov.uk/30hours
In the Nursery, the aim is for the children to learn through play and exploring the environment. The day is well structured and the children quickly get used to a daily routine. For most of their ‘learning time’ children can play indoors or outdoors and access activities that support their development in the seven areas of learning, either independently or in a focused activity with an adult. During the children’s independent learning time, adults in the Nursery carry out observations on the children to document their everyday successes and progress. The children also have short sessions of carpet time throughout the day, where they learn about stories and celebrations, numbers and phonics through adult-led input.
Play dough recipe
Play dough recipe
- 1 cup of plan flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 2 tsp of cream of tartar
- 1 tsp oil
- a splash of food colouring if you have it
- 1 cups freshly boiled hot water
- Mix all the ingredients together, dont worry if initially it looks sticky, keep going!
- When the ingredients have all come together, take out of the bowl and knead. Be careful though it will still be hot!
- Enjoy your play dough! Keep in a plastic container with a lid, to keep it fresh.
STAR OF THE WEEK
THIS WEEK’S SHOW STOPPER
This week’s Showstopper is: Eryn! What a super tree you’ve made!
This week’s Showstopper is: Gabriel, Fantastic job!
- These are sent out via Google Classroom.
UPDATES FOR PARENTS
- All Nursery children should have a pair of wellies in school.We keep these in a box in the Nursery cloak room. Please ensure all wellies, along with coats and all items of clothing, are clearly named.
- Voluntary contributions to our Nursery Resource Fund of £6 per half-term are gratefully accepted. This fund covers the costs of play dough ingredients, baking ingredients as well as being used to recover any general wear and tear of resources – we have had a few people already bring in £6 for the half-term ahead so we would like to thank those generous parents.
- For school dinner menus, important dates and other key information, see the website and Google Classroom.
- We would be grateful for any donations of tissues and wipes for the classroom – many thanks.