Welcome to our class page! We hope you enjoy reading about our wonderful learning, exciting activities and amazing achievements. Please keep visiting weekly to find out important information about homework and the latest news on our noticeboard.
Monday – Wednesday am – Mrs Shepherd and Mrs Yates
Wednesday pm – Friday – Mrs Thomason and Mrs Yates
At Thorn Grove Nursery, we have two classes which attend for 2.5 days each week. These are split into Beginning of Week (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday AM) and End of Week (Wednesday PM, Thursday and Friday). We take a maximum of 24 children in each class and generally have two admission intakes each academic year in September and January.
Since September 2017, we now offer 30 Hours of government-funded provision (a full week Monday-Friday) to children whose parents are eligible. We currently have a small number of children who have taken up these hours. If you are interested, see the school Admissions page under the ‘Our School’ tab or click here for more information. Please be aware that the number of 30-hour places we are able to offer is limited.
In the Nursery, the aim is for the children to learn through play and exploring the environment. The day is well structured and the children quickly get used to a daily routine. For most of their ‘learning time’ children can play indoors or outdoors and access activities that support their development in the seven areas of learning, either independently or in a focused activity with an adult. During the children’s independent learning time, adults in the Nursery carry out observations on the children to document their everyday successes and progress. These observations are shared with parents on a half-termly basis via a system called 2 Build a Profile. The children also have short sessions of carpet time throughout the day, where they learn about stories and celebrations, numbers and phonics through adult-led input.
This half term we will be thinking about lots of different special moments and events that people celebrate. We will be looking at the festival of Divali as well as Bonfire Night and Christmas. We will also be looking at all the different event we celebrate which make us unique!
STAR OF THE WEEK
THIS WEEK’S SHOW STOPPER
This week’s Showstopper is:Hassan
For his spectacular firework picture!
This week’s Showstopper is: Aidan
For his super icy picture!
UPDATES FOR PARENTS
- All Nursery children should have a pair of wellies in school. There is a box for you to place these in the Nursery cloak room. Please ensure all wellies, along with coats and all items of clothing, are clearly named.
- Voluntary contributions to our Nursery Resource Fund of £6 per half-term are gratefully accepted. This fund covers the costs of play dough ingredients, baking ingredients as well as being used to recover any general wear and tear of resources – we have had a few people already bring in £6 for the half-term ahead so we would like to thank those generous parents.
- For school dinner menus, important dates and other key information, see the Parent Noticeboard in the cloakroom area outside the Nursery classroom.
- We would be grateful for any donations of tissues and wipes for the classroom – many thanks.
- Home/school book will be sent out this week!